Friday, January 30, 2009

A Good Night Sleep ...

Thursday was a better day after 5 or so hours of sleep. No more headache. I had to rush to work for a 7 am meeting, but that is nothing new. This is a picture of Alexandra on her pull-horse as seen by Liana. Actually they are Liana's first pictures from her perspective. The doll is about 6 inches big and Liana calls her "Axandra". So she is taken everywhere right now.

Tuesday Visit:

These other pictures were taken on Tuesday, during my trip with Thai, my cousin's wife. She adores babies and I was worried that she would gobble her up. But as you can see Alexandra loved the touch time as we couldn't pick her up but Thai could at least touch her feet, toes, fingers, etc.

Thursday Night Visit:

Thursday was a good visit day. We arrived late but the nurses were very busy. So I was able to hold Ali in a kangaroo hold. That's where you hold on to them and jump up and down, making sure you keep both ankles next to each other. Similar to a potato sack race. Just kidding. Kangaroo hold is no more than putting the baby inside your shirt so they can feel your skin and gather the heat from your body. Alexandra got too cozy as her 28ml of milk was being digested. She didn't really have any signs of breathing issues as she did previously during feeding time. I was able to give her a pacifier in the beginning. At times she would put both hands down and lift her head to see who was holding her. Despite the tight fit under my shirt she managed a few times to look me in the eyes. Well one day I can use this line if she gets out of control: "I remember when you use to fit under my shirt, all calm and cute. I don't like guys that ride motorcycles and were in the military. I don't care how nice he is!"

I held her for almost 2 hours. She was cozy and we were sad to return her to her bed but Jeanette needed to pump and it was almost Friday. Ali is just over 3 lbs 3 oz, growing strong everyday.

This is a picture of Amanda's butterfly. One of 5 monarch butterfly's that we grew from a larvae into their crystalis stage then they hatched from the cocoon the other day. We will release them on Saturday so they can enjoy the flowers and star fruit in the back yard. Have a great weekend.

No comments: