Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I Want ...

Tuesday was the day filled with I wants ...
  • Amanda boohoo-ing "I want a different cereal. I don't want Frosted Flakes ..." The sobs went on early in the morning. Luckily I wasn't present to add to the fire of abuse. My usual response to the boo-hoo's: "If you would have TALKED to me before the fake sobs and whining, maybe I could help. But I don't give in to terrorism and crying." I always get the HUH look when I give the hardcore Bush terrorism stance. "But if I give into the crying crap instead of communicating, you will always drop the tears to get your way."

  • I want MILK ... was the shouts from the hospital as Alexandra used the last bottle during the 3pm feeding. So I had to deliver 2 unfrozen bottles and 30 more frozen bottles before the 9pm feeding. Ali is now over 3lbs! She hit the 3 pounds mark yesterday evening and is now going over. If we turn her skin a golden brown we can almost sell her off as a Publix chicken (mojo based I prefer). I think they weigh in at 3 pounds.

  • I want food! was Liana's cry as I greeted them at the van when they arrived in the evening. It seems she slept during lunch time and didn't have any real snack and she was STARVING. Luckily I had dinner on the table just before they got home. She ran in "Wash de hands, me washing" and then running to the table on her toes trying to see what was on the plate. I had orange chicken (one of the dinners we received), beans and rice, carrots and spaghetti. I know she shoveled in a few spoons of beans before shouting "Pray! We pray first." And Jeanette didn't even get her shoes off before that happened.

  • I want to take a dump in peace! I actually had an hour, HOUR, 60 minutes of silence when I got home since Jeanette was at the hospital and then picked up the girls at Abuela's. My only thought ... quiet time, dam ... better make the most of this. Just as I started to read a magazine the phone rings ... "shit!" came out from both ends just as the ring started (I didn't just write that did I?). I ignored the ring thinking if I get up quickly, ruin the moment, it will be some dam solicitation and more shit would come out of my mouth. So I ignored the sounds as best I could but, the silence was ruined. Sorry Kenny I will call you back.

  • I want a TV that works. After I got home from my evening visit of Alexandra with Thai (my cousin's wife) I went to the room, changed and put on the TV. It was actually before 11pm so maybe I could see 30 minutes of something before I fall asleep. Well our bedroom TV flakes in and out as a thin line instead of a picture (horizontal issues). It usually stays this way for about 15 minutes before the picture comes on. Then it can return to the same horizontal line state at any time. This issue occured two days after I donated our extra TV in the office since I had no use for it. Go figure. So soon I will snag a thin 19" HD unit for a $200 range. I remember when TV's had a horizontal and vertical hold that would fix this issue...

No comments: