Monday, January 19, 2009

When will Friday End?

This day I was able to sleep in late, until 6am. I was able to work from home in the early part, then go to the store and find a replacement for Sharky. Sharky is our beta fish, who just had his 1st birthday after Thanksgiving. All was going well with him, until the Dolphins playoff game. I was at home cleaning his tank and I poured in too much of the water cleaning liquid (to get rid of the alkaline). Needless to say Abuelo found him dead the next day. I was sad since all was going too well with him. Goldie our first pet fish died while in transit to "bring your pet too school day". I used a thick freezer bag to transport her to the school and it seems she was bruised too bad on that day last year. Jeanette had to show up to school with a bathtub mat that looked like a fish. Oh boy what a story that was. All the kids had their puppies, fish, etc. and my Mom comes with a bathtub mat that looks like Nemo. I did find a fish that was blue with red. A bit bigger but close enough (or so I thought).

After working from home and getting the fish ready I head to school for Amanda's huge cookie, milk and ice cream party at school. Amanda wanted a large chocolate chip cookie for her class party. So instead of slapping $50 for a 28" cookie at the nearby rip-off the customer cookie joint, I went to BJ's the day before and bought the dough for $7 and we put it on a pan and baked it. I usually charge $50 and hour for my contracting services so I guess this cookie costs more when you put in my labor.

The cookie monster feasitval at school ended around 2:30 and I had to run back to work (downtown) for two meetings. Right when I walked through the front doors, everyone was heading into the meeting room so I made it right in time for back-to-back meetings. Then I find out my current boss has a new position/priority and I will probably have a new VP in charge of me. After the next couple hours I race home for pizza night and then back to work at 9pm for a change management that I needed to perform on our intranet servers while the company is off the systems. Then I get back and Jeanette and I head off to the hospital to see Alexandra (which was around 11pm).

This was one of our worse visits so far. Ali was not looking too good. She had an IV in her hand from an earlier blood transfusion and she had blood all over her head, arm, hand, sleep area, etc. The nurse was busy so Jeanette had to bite her lip. It seems she had a minor leak on her bandage that then got dabled all over. This picture is after her getting cleaned up. Alexandra was very restless and uncomfortable during the whole visit. We stayed for a while but felt helpless as there was very little we could do to comfort her or us. Needless to say we left having the same feeling that she needed more.

No comments: